Lots of people took to the saddle for the Go Bike event in Dock Park, Dumfries on 2nd July 2011. The event was held to celebrate Bike Week 2011, which encourages people to go cycling as part of a healthy lifestyle. The day was jam packed with entertainment, including performances from Room 16 live band, G & G Cycles BMX Team and Stepping Stanes Youth Cycling Club. Also stunt riders from the 7 Stanes Team entertained the crowds with their marvellous skills and people could even take a trip in a rickshaw! The Samba Sisters came along to showcase how they can make music using the Bike2Go bikes. Families got involved in activities including Bike2Go obstacle courses, slow bike races and rickshaw rides to win Bike Week goodies. Families could also take a trip on a cycle Rickshaw or get their bicycles fixed from Dr Bike, provided by Kirkpatrick Cycles. Adults could also take part in a static bike race provided by DG2Wheels. Police and Community Wardens also came along for the day to offer cycle security marking. Cycling Dumfries, the CTC and the Veteran Cycling Club also came along.
- Mediation skills for access professionals – online workshop – new additional date Tuesday 21 September, 1.30pm-4.30pm
- SOAN Knowledge Hub Live! Join us for some informal online networking chat …
- Mediation skills for access professionals – online workshop – new additional date Tuesday 25 May 2021, 1:30-4:30pm (now fully booked)
- A96 Dualling East of Huntly to Aberdeen – Preferred Option – Virtual exhibition
- SOAN’s survey featured on BBC Radio Scotland’s Out of Doors programme & in other media