Management Committee – Who we are and what we do
The SOAN Management Committee organises our activities.
It meets monthly and its members are made up of outdoor access and active travel professionals from around the country.
The Management Committee currently consists of:
- 3 Co-Convenors
- Graeme Anderson, Technical Officer, Paths For All
- Martin Duncan, Access Officer, City of Edinburgh Council
- Sue Hilder, Sustainable Transport & Access Manager, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park
- Helen Todd, Campaigns & Policy Manager, Ramblers Scotland
- Alan Bannister, Outdoor Access Officer, South Lanarkshire Council
- Other members
- Kenny Auld, Head of Visitor Services, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park
- Paula Baker, Site Manager, RSPB
- Richard Barron, Operations Director, ScotWays
- Stuart Chalmers, National Visitor Services Manager, Forestry and Land Scotland
- Rowena Colpitts, Head of TP&E, TP&E (representing Cycling Scotland)
- Bridget Jones, Strategic Paths & Projects Manager, NatureScot
- Neill Malone, Network Delivery Coordinator, Sustrans Scotland
- Gordon McLean, Senior Environmental Planner, Aberdeen City Council
- Simon Ovenden, Policy Adviser, Access and Visitor Management, Scottish Land & Estates
The Management Committee’s main activities are the planning and organisation of two national conferences a year as well as occasional local networking meetings and to present the views of those involved in active travel and outdoor access on the national stage. The day-to-day running of SOAN and practical conference organisation is done by a part-time administrator (email [email protected]), to whom all enquiries should be sent.
Read our constitution.
We value our members’ privacy and are committed to protecting their personal data.