Activities are organised by the SOAN Committee, which is made up of access workers from around the country and includes representatives of Scottish Natural Heritage and The Paths for All Partnership.
The committee meets monthly and members are elected at the Annual General Meeting (held in spring). Click to view the SOAN Constitution.
The committee consists of:
- Convenor: Kenny Auld, Senior Access Advisor, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park Authority
- Vice-Convenor: Sue Hilder, Outdoor Access Officer, Glasgow City Council.
- Secretary: Alan Bannister, Outdoor Access Officer, South Lanarkshire Council.
- Treasurer: John Whyman, Access Officer, Dundee City Council.
- Helen Todd, Campaigns & Policy Manager, Ramblers Scotland
- Bryan Scott, Countryside Development Officer, Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Martin Duncan, Outdoor Access Officer, City of Edinburgh Council
- Marsaili Aspinall, Aberdeenshire Council
- Karen Ramoo, Policy Officer, Scottish Land & Estates
- Alastair Stewart, Outdoor Access Officer, Highland Council.
- Richard Barron, Operations Director, ScotWays
- Dave Robinson, Recreation and Access Advisor, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
- Gordon McLean, Environmental Planner, Aberdeen City Council
- Kevin Lafferty, Access, Health & Recreation Policy Advisor, Forestry Commission
- Karlene Docherty, Head of TP&E, TP&E (representing Cycling Scotland)
SNH Observer: Bridget Jones, Strategic Paths & Projects Manager
Paths For All Observer: Graeme Anderson, Technical Officer
The main activity of the committee is the planning and organisation of two national conferences, occasional local networking meetings and to present the views of Access Officers on the national stage. The day-to-day running of SOAN and practical conference organisation is done by a part-time administrator, to whom all enquiries should be sent.