Management Committee – Who we are and what we do
The SOAN Management Committee organises our activities.
It meets monthly and its members are made up of outdoor access and active travel professionals from around the country.
The Management Committee currently consists of:
- 3 Co-Convenors
- Kenny Auld, Recreation Access & Health Manager, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park
- Sue Hilder, Outdoor Access Officer, Glasgow City Council
- Martin Duncan, Access Officer, City of Edinburgh Council
- Helen Todd, Campaigns & Policy Manager, Ramblers Scotland
- Alan Bannister, Outdoor Access Officer, South Lanarkshire Council
- Other members
- Graeme Anderson, Technical Officer, Paths For All
- Richard Barron, Operations Director, ScotWays
- Rowena Colpitts, Head of TP&E, TP&E (representing Cycling Scotland)
- John Duffy, Senior Development Officer, Paths For All
- Bridget Jones, Strategic Paths & Projects Manager, NatureScot
- Kevin Lafferty, Access, Health & Recreation Policy Advisor, Scottish Forestry
- Neill Malone, Network Delivery Coordinator, Sustrans Scotland
- Neil McLauchlan, Green Infrastructure Development Officer, East Ayrshire Council
- Gordon McLean, Senior Environmental Planner, Aberdeen City Council
- Dave Robinson, Recreation and Access Advisor, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
The Management Committee’s main activities are the planning and organisation of two national conferences a year as well as occasional local networking meetings and to present the views of those involved in active travel and outdoor access on the national stage. The day-to-day running of SOAN and practical conference organisation is done by a part-time administrator (email [email protected]), to whom all enquiries should be sent.
Read our constitution.
We value our members’ privacy and are committed to protecting their personal data.