Activities are organised by the SOAN Committee, which is made up of access workers from around the country and includes representatives of Scottish Natural Heritage and The Paths for All Partnership.
The committee meets monthly and members are elected at the Annual General Meeting (held in spring). Click to view the SOAN Constitution.
The committee consists of:
- Convenor: Angus Duncan, Outdoor Access Team Leader, Falkirk Council
- Vice-Convenor: Helen Todd, Campaigns & Policy Manager, Ramblers Scotland
- Secretary: Kenny Auld, Senior Access Advisor, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park Authority
- Treasurer: Nick Morgan, Outdoor Access Officer, East Lothian Council
- Anne Gray, Policy Officer, Scottish Land & Estates
- Sarah Johnston, Outdoor Access officer, Fife Council.
- David Clyne, Outdoor Access Service Team Leader, Dumfries & Galloway Council.
- Sue Hilder, Outdoor Access Officer, Glasgow City Council.
- Alastair Stewart, Outdoor Access Officer, Highland Council.
- Alan Bannister, Outdoor Access Officer, South Lanarkshire Council.
- Alastair Fullwood, Environment Planner, Aberdeenshire Council.
- Jane Pritchard, Outdoor Access Officer, Perth & Kinross Council.
- David Oldham (Access Professional, Volunteer).
SNH Observer Rob Garner, Access & Policy Advisor
Paths For All Observer Rona Gibb, Development Manager
The main activity of the committee is the planning and organisation of two national conferences, occasional local networking meetings and to present the views of Access Officers on the national stage. The day-to-day running of SCAN and practical conference organisation is done by a part-time administrator, to whom all enquires should be sent.