You may be interested to know that the following job opportunity is currently being advertised:
Active Travel Officer, City of Edinburgh Council
- Location: Waverley Court, Edinburgh
- Salary: £27,106 – £32,423
- Hours: 36
- Full Time
- Fixed term contract, 18 months
- Closing date for applications: 2 November 2012
The successful candidate will work a small team implementing the Council’s award-winning Active Travel Action Plan – a focussed strategy aimed at increasing walking and cycling in Edinburgh. The job will have a particular focus on updating the Council’s Street Design Guidance and on delivering walking-related actions from the ATAP. The following areas of experience/ knowledge/ interest are highly desirable:
• Street/ traffic management design and preferably use of relevant computer design packages
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Working to promote walking
You must hold a degree in an appropriate subject, or have an appropriate HNC plus relevant experience, or have obtained current registration with the Engineering Council at minimum level of IEng.
This post is part funded by Paths for All.
For further information and to apply please follow this link https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/fe/tpl_ScottishPortal01.asp?newms=jj&id=144416&rss=1